My experience with Uberti/Taylor and Company

AL45

As I posted before, I purchased a Uberti 1885 High Wall (yes it is a high wall) .45 colt from a company on Gunbroker. It was advertised as a new gun, but I have my doubts. It should have been advertised as a lemon for the first sucker that's willing to waste his money. From day one, the gun would not extract the case. I took it to my gunsmith and he replaced the extractor, but no luck. We noticed a bulge on one side of the fired casess, he contacted Uberti and we sent it back to Taylor and Company. They sent it back saying they polished it, replaced the extractor and it now functions perfectly. WRONG! It's worse now than before. My gunsmith checked the chamber and it looks like they turned a 10 year old loose with a dremel tool. It's deeply scored and ruined. The rifle needs a new barrel. Taylor and Company will no longer return calls or emails from him. I'm done with them and will take my losses. My next step is to purchase a new barrel for it. So where, other than Uberti, can I get a barrel for it? I'm not trying to sound like I'm trashing anybody, I'm just stating facts. Better luck to all of you when dealing with Uberit/Taylor and Company.

VTI Gun Parts has always been my go-to source for Uberti and Pietta parts. My needs have been for cowboy revolvers -- I don't know if they also handle rifle parts.

Aguila Blanca, that is where we got the extractor from. I will check on a barrel from there. Thanks

Back