My Dream Shotgun

6forsure

My dream "escopeta" would be a double bbld hammer gun that would be chambered for 3" shells (maybe even 3.5") and could be safely carried loaded like an NEF single shot.

No, no. Quite wrong. A Kalashnikov 12 bore with 10 rnd mags, 15 inch barrel and foregrip. Load it with flechette shells and mount holosight. Some mags carried should be loaded with Sabots.

Got the HD shotgun pretty well covered. My dream gun would be a Parker,12 ga, built on the lightweight frame, 26" bbls, straight grip, splinter forend,choked Mod/IC, double triggers,and a tasteful amount of engraving.
The wood would have terrific grain, finished off with a checkered butt.

Mine would be that African made 13 round capacity Neostad with either an ACOG or Bushnell type sight with integral combat light. Bring home the bacon & secure the house, all in one.

Naw, my dream scattergun (for HD/SHTF) would be a Mossy 590A-1, parkerized, with ghost ring sights, a speedfeed tactical stock (pistol-grip with full stock similar to the benelli) with magazine tubes, a sidesaddle shell carrier, surefire responder forearm, and a couple cases of shells (from #4, to 000 to slugs). Oh, wait, I already have that..... :D
-John

John Overbey - It sounds like what you have is what I want - one question though - does the pistol grip slow down presentation from ready with the safety mounted on the tang?
I'm just about ready to purchase a speedfeed stock for mine but I really like the fact that my thumb rests so close to the safety with a conventional stock. I was figuring on going with a conventionally styled speedfeed stock but the pistol grip would make the manual-of-arms very similar to my AR.
HMMMM - decisions,decisions.....

The PRIMARY saftey functions near instantly regardless of type of stock, as long as the proper training and practices are exercised. There is absolutely no substitute for this PRIMARY saftey, as it is the only one that is a true saftey. The SECONDARY saftey (the one mounted on the gun itself) is a little harder to reach with the pistol-gripped full stock. For me, however, the PRIMARY gun saftey is enough and I rarely (if ever) use the secondary one. I guess its a personal preference thing. I've tried both and prefer the pistol-gripped full stock over the "traditional" style stock. I know for a fact that several folks on this forum like the opposite. I'm not sure if this has helped, or just made you more confused. Oh, well, it's Friday, so......
-John

My DREAM SCATTER GUN is a little far fetched but since this is a "dream" here it goes......... A seven barrel electric 12 ga. mini-gun. Takes a car battery, chambered for 3" mags and fires at the same rate as the vulcan on the A-10 "warthog". USES?.... Home defense!! I figure if I had this baby mounted in the bed of my Dakota, I probably wouldn't need to worry!! Anyone think this could be done? I'll start loading ammo!!
CJB

Oh, I see what you mean now - :D -I want a S/G with both an under barrel tube magazine and under receiver box magazines (5 or so rounds each) and a magazine selector switch within reach of the firing hand. A grip adjustable choke would be nice as would an electronic heads up display type sight that sensed the type of round in the chamber and displayed the proper reticle as well as kept track of the type and quantity of rounds available in each mag.

oooh, oooh!

How about a M79 40mm grenade launcher, but loaded with 40mm shotshells. A better version would be the semi-auto grenade launcher. (Can't remember model designation, but Arnold had one in T2, Cyberdyne lobby scene)

My dream shotgun would actually be something like the OICW, only with a 12 ga. bullpup 6 shot,magazine fed, instead of that ridiculous 20mm computerized thingy. .223 rifle semi-auto rifle underneath. Pump action SG, pump riding on what would normally be the handguard of .223.

Two triggers, back one for SG, front one for rifle.

Selector switch/safety for 1. safe 2.rifle only, 3. both, and 4. SG only.

.223 based on the action of a Galil only lighter, takes STANAG mags.

Vang comp shotgun barrel.

Around 10 pounds.

A combo shotgun/rifle that doesn't suck like the Crossfire.

And for all of you guys looking for tripod mounted super scatterguns, I remember reading about a gunsmith who welded 2 1187s together, a left hander and a right hander. Both had extended tubes. It had a spade grip, was mounted on a tripod and fired both guns every time the trigger was pulled. One gun usually had slugs and the other had buckshot. Kind of cool.

Belt fed benelli with selectfire.

Or dbl rifle hammer 8ga (industrial kiln slug) The tripod ones that winchester and remington sell (master blaster) are a little too heavy to hunt mountain goat with, would have to leave the gun if I wanted to carry my goat back down the mountain. ;)

[This message has been edited by oberkommando (edited March 04, 2000).]

As far as pump shotguns go, I believe Sean Williams touched it with the Neostad! If everyone hasn't seen a description of this shotgun, try and find it (I have no idea where to find it via the net, I read an article yrs. ago about it.) It was in the prototype stage at the time and I believe was stalled or killed. Please correct me if I'm wrong, although I don't believe it would be available to anyone but LE or military in the USA. It would be an expensive shotgun to manufacture, but it is the only new/original technology I've seen as to shotguns I've seen. Extremely quick, short length although the barrel length is longer than a Benelli M1's, which is longer in total length.
EricO

Wow. Correia got it right. I change my proposal to match that of Correia. I would even choose the Galil action.
I would give forearm\pump a vertical grip.

yes the noestead is dead for know.both mossberg and ithica looked at picking them up but meet with no success.its very sad.

Back