My dilemma

Sinkhole

Hey all. So I have a little dilemma. Last fall I had to sell several fire arms. One gun that had to go was my primary summer carry gun, my SR9c. So jump forward, now I find it's getting warm and I only have 3 choices to carry.
1: Ruger LCP w/ CT LG-431
2: FNH FNX-9
3: S&W M&P45 full size.
Obviously the M&P45 is to big to carry in the summer and even marginally so in the winter. So that brings me to the FNX-9. I absolutely love this gun, and IMHO it's the best hammer driven 9mm on the market at this time. Anyway, I digress. So It's very comparable in size to an M&P9. The FNX-9 is .35" wider, .23" shorter in OAL and .10" shorter in height. Very close. The safety levers make the width it actually measures 1.17" at the frame. So my option is to try to continue to carry this all summer long or Carry my LCP. I'm not sure if Im comfortable relying on my LCP as a Primary CCW all summer. It's more of a throw it in my pocket for a quick trip to the corner store kinda gun. SO here is my dilemma. Do I sell the M&P45 and replace it with a more manageable size CCW or keep it and pray that my birthday (July) or 10th wedding anniversary (Oct) brings me another CCW or scrimp and save till I can afford another gun. I think I've narrowed my choices for a replacement weapon down to an M&P9c, SR9c, Glock 30S, or Springfield XDm 3.8 45ACP. I'm leaning towards either 45 ACP, reason being I live in CT and am now limited to 10 rounds, I think I'd rather carry 10 rounds of 45 ACP than 9mm. And if I do, decide to sell the M&P45 I'd want to replace it with another .45 ACP. What would you do?

I love my FNP9 and carry it off duty religiously. I love it so much I'm going to buy the FNX45 for on duty work.

With quality 9mm ammo, I wouldn't feel undergunned, even with just 10rds. There are times I've considered dropping the .45 for 9mm, even on duty. If 9mm was easier to find, I would probably do just that.

Back