my dilema

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy38

I have been wanting a 9mm for quite sometime now. I have been checking out the Rugers. I had planned to stay in the $300 range, and I wasn't concerned about carrying it concealed. I just wanted a good but economical 9mm for target shooting.

Here's where my dilema begins. I made the terrible mistake of picking up a Sig 239 in a store today. It is a very nice little gun. I relly didn't want to get another concealed carry weapon, but I just may have to go with the Sig anyway.

I'm curious about the price on this gun. I have seen them advertised in the high $300s to low $400s.

Also, how many mags do the Sigs come with. I would also like to know how many mags the Rugers come with as well.

------------------
"God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it." --Daniel Webster

The P239 comes with 2 magazines that hold 8 rounds in 9mm. The Ruger P95 also comes with 2 magazines that hold 10 rounds each. In the Atlanta area I believe the 239 costs around $489 (I am not certain) and the Ruger P95 costs about $259 in blue and $289 in stainless. I also considered the P239 and have fired it against the Glock 19. I actually liked shooting the Glock much better. I own a Sig P245 which I love and I feel this is a much better choice for concealed carry since it is a heavier calibre (6 rounds of .45ACP) and only slightly larger than the 239. Coincidently, my first handgun was a Ruger P95DC and I loved it. I traded it some time ago because I thought I needed something fancier. I have owned about 8 handguns in the last year and a half and my latest purchase ----- a new Ruger P95DC in stainless. It is hard to beat this pistol for pure enjoyment of shooting. It is very accurate and inexensive to shoot and I would be very comfortable trusting my life to it as a carry, car or bedside gun.

Dave Ebdon

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hollow/4044/DaveEbdon.html

I haven't checked on the Sig 239 in about a year, but it was running approx. $480 then in the Oklahoma City area. It has a great reputation but I wasn't crazy about the long trigger pull. It was a toss up between the Sig and a Glock 26 and the Glock ended up winning, later to be replaced by a Kahr.

The SIG P239 is $429 in Texas NIB. There was one at the last Dallas show used for $375, the 9mm versions were selling for $389 NIB when they first came out, the .40 and .357 were higher, they all seem to be the same now. Bachman has the Kahr MK9 for $399. I did not like the tiny grip on the P239 and went to CDNN in Abilene for a demo P225 $329. Both CDNN and Kieslers have had P225 NIB for under $400 recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back