My Custom Shockwave

toasterburn

Inactive
I got so lucky: a couple of weeks ago I found a local guy selling an unused shockwave on armslist for a price I couldn't refuse. And I have to say, I love this thing, so much fun.

But I think the canvas hand strap, while functional, looks a bit chincy. So... I had a leathersmith I know make me a one-of-a-kind leather sleeve to slide over it. I told her exactly what I wanted, but she made it even better than I was imagining.

Now my shockwave looks way cooler, and you can throw your hand in the strap faster since it holds it's shape.

413352150.jpg

413352151.jpg

Am I right in assuming that neither Mossberg or Remington are installing a real pistol grip on these guns for some legal reason?

Or is it a matter of utility?
Remington used the same cut-down stock for the US Marshal Witness Protection shotgun, so does it simply work better than an actual full profile pistol grip.

The grip has to be long enough to keep the overall length at 26".
You can take barrel off, but grip length must be added to keep OAL to 26".
A real pistol grip is shorter, so the barrel would have to be longer.

And the bird's head grip as shown is MUCH kinder to your wrist and makes controlling it a lot easier than a vertical grip

We are not interested in the Crusades. Unless the symbolism on the strap is one of some well defined hate group, so what?

Such discussion deleted.

If you think it is offensive PM staff and don't discuss it here.

Some folks seem to lack the ability to understand a staff decision. These posts are deleted and appropriate actions taken.

If you disagree with a decision, you PM the staff.

Continuing in this vein, and you will have to find another forum for your internet fun and games.

Not sure what has been going on in this thread. Anyway, looks good op. Kind of a Boondocks Saints vibe going on. I like these Shockwaves more and more every time I see them.

Back