• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

My cookies don't seem to be working.

Justin

I am assuming that the cookie for this site stores info as to when I last visited and which topics have changed. Lately I haven't been getting the little red target that shows new info has been posted, even though when I check I find new posts.

I am using IE 5, and my security settings are such that cookies are enabled.

I know that this is a fairly minor complaint, but do any of you have any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Thanks.

Sorry to be difficult...

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it, but it didn't work.
I checked my computer's cache, and I can't find the TFL cookie that should be there.
It's kind of wierd and annoying.
It's possible that it's something on my end as well, just another reason for me to format the sucker and reload my OS's this weekend.

Try this:

Go to the Forum Summary Page and click the Log Out link at the bottom. You will be taken to a screen where you can jump back to the Forum Summary Page. When you get back there, log in again.

If this doesn't do it, perhaps you don't have cookies turned on. Here's how to know for sure.

In IE 5, open your "View" menu. Click on "Internet Options" then on the "Advanced" tab.

Scroll down, and under "Security" you should see an exclamation point icon that is labeled "Cookies," double click it to expand the list. You should see three radio buttons under it. Be sure that it is set to either "Prompt before accepting cookies" or "Always accept cookies."

I hope one of these things solves your problem.

Back