my congressmens reply to hr197

mnhntr

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for sharing with me your support for the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act (H.R. 197). I appreciate hearing from you concerning this important issue.

H.R. 197 would authorize a person who has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state and who is not prohibited from carrying a firearm under federal law to carry a concealed firearm in another state in accordance with the restrictions of that state. This legislation is awaiting consideration in the House Judiciary Committee.

I support strong and effective penalties against individuals who use guns in committing a crime. However, we should not punish those who obey the law by denying them the right to purchase and own firearms for lawful purposes. We should fight crime by vigorously pursuing lawbreakers, not by denying rights to law-abiding citizens. Rest assured that I will continue to oppose efforts to undermine Second Amendment freedoms and I will keep your views in mind should H.R. 197 come before the full House of Representatives for a vote.

With best wishes.

Sincerely,

James L. Oberstar, M.C.

Dear Mr. : ______________________

Thank you for sharing with me your support for _____________________. I appreciate hearing from you concerning this important issue.

H.R. _____ would _______________________. This legislation is awaiting consideration in the House ______________ Committee.

I support strong and effective _______________________. Rest assured that I will continue to oppose efforts to undermine ____________ Amendment freedoms and I will keep your views in mind should H.R. ______ come before the full House of Representatives for a vote.

With best wishes.

Sincerely,

The college intern for James L. Oberstar, M.C.

:D Sad but true. One of my college professors (Jim McDougal of Whitewater fame)was an aide to U.S Senator J. William Fulbright. It would be extremely rare to get a personally authored letter from a Congressman.

they do that so they can't be pinned down. i heard some of glen beck's interview of blago yesterday and he would never answer a question. i was very surprised when mccain gave yes and no answers during the rick warren interview.

Back