My cans released from jail !

Road_Clam

Wow, what an AWESOME surprise ! Got 2 phone calls within 4 days that my form 4 stamps got approved! Some positive and interesting info I want to share if anyone is thinking suppressors. My advice do it NOW. Reason being is if the HPA passes it will be a wild frenzy of buying, suppressors will be out of stock for months possibly years. I bought and initiated my form 4's around 6/25/17 and just got the phone calls from my FFL's about a week ago. That's about 5-1/2 months, I was original hearing 8-9 months. What I was told by my FFL whom sells a lot of cans is the NCIS entities that approve form 4's have gone through a major revamp and funds were allocated for electronic data processing upgrades and expediting the form 4 process.

Anyways, I went with the Sig SRD762TI direct mount for .30 cal rifle, and the Revolution 45 for my FNX45T. Did a lot of pre purchase research and seems these were the best choices for what my intent was (specifically handloading subs)

Another odd an interesting comment is I purchased my cans 2 different ways with respect to submitting the $200 tax stamp fee. With the Sig can, I bought it directly from Sig and sent a check from me personally along with my app. With the Rev45 can, I purchased through my LGS and payed them an extra $200 and they sent a check on my behalf along with my app. For some strange reason the gov never cashed my personal check for the Sig can. I was getting very nervous something was wrong with my app and the app was delayed. People told me checks are cashed after about a month after mailing the app. Not sure what's going on with my check.

Last edited:
Congrats! That gives me great hope, since I applied for mine around the same time. Hopefully mine wasn't buried in another pile and forgotten about haha

Road, do you know if your paperwork was the old version or the new version with bar codes on it? I know the bar codes are supposed to speed up the process a lot.

TrueBlue711 said:
Road, do you know if your paperwork was the old version or the new version with bar codes on it? I know the bar codes are supposed to speed up the process a lot.

I submitted my form 4's on the "old" application format, i'm totally blown away that I got my stamps within 5-1/2 months ! Next on my list as funds allow is a 22 rimfire can !

I submitted my form 4's on the "old" application format, i'm totally blown away that I got my stamps within 5-1/2 months !
That gives me even more hope for the near future. Like I mentioned, I submitted mine pretty much the same timeframe you did. I'll give my gun store a ring and see if they got some mail with my name on it haha

Back