My Buckmark problems solved

lochaber

A few weeks ago I posted something about my Buckmark Micro not being able to eject well. I finally got it fixed. Last time I was at the range I noticed something odd. After the last shot the slide locked back and the case was still attached to the extractor and slide. It had missed the ejector completly! So, later on when cleaning it, I adjusted the ejector (which is just a bent piece of wire) and yestarday I shot 300 rounds with only one failure to eject from a very weak round, so I'll blame that on the ammo.

I am now a happy boy, and I love my Buckmark.

What still puzzles me is why certain ammo worked and others didnt. Is the radius of the rim a standard size or a narrow range? That would be the only thing I can think off, which would make some brands ejects and others dont with a out of possition ejector.

Lochaber

Some .22 automatic pistols are finiky about brands of ammunition. Usually you will find one paridular brand that suits your pistol best.

Congratulations

The Buck Mark is a delight when it is working right. That ejector "wire" looked like a point of vulnerability to me. Now I will know the symptoms to look for if it ever goes out of whack. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I remember your first post on the subject. Thanks for sharing the solution and outcome. A negative experience turns positive when information is shared allowing many to learn and benefit.
Enjoy your Buckmark.

Back