My barrel is pitted

tstr

I cleaned my Beretta .357sig and noticed bad pitting in the barrel. What happened? The gun is fairly new and I've fired probably a total of 600 rounds through it so far.

It get's cleaned about every 100 rounds. This is the first time I've inspected the barrel with a fiber optic light so I don't know if they've been there awhile or not.

So the question is, what do I do now?

tstr

Tstr, you might see if Beretta will warranty the barrel but I imagine they might say you didn't take care of it properly or something to that effect. I believe the only recourse for you is a new bbl. George

Hi, tstr. That is unusual and unfortunate.

George: Despite the pitting, if the accuracy is OK he could probably keep shooting it for years. I have shot plenty of military guns with pitting like nobody's business that shot well. For example, the Luger can have a bbl that looks like the moon's surface and still be accurate as a target pistol. HTH

A pitted barrel? O Shame! Shame! Shame! You should be struck about the head with a blunt instument repeatedly, poked in the eye with a sharp stick, and be forced to hop down the street in public shouting "Me bad! Me bad! Me bad!" while wearing a sign around your neck that says "Pitted Barrel" in bright red letters! Don't let it happen again. ;) :D

Back