My Arisaka, real or reproduction?

RagingBullet

Inactive
I just bought an Arisaka for about $300. I've been looking some things up about it. and now I'm having my doubts about whether it's real or not. Could anybody help me.

Tell us more ....

Could anybody help me.
Would be glad to help but you are going to have to provide more info. Basically tell us what stamping you see on "any" part of the barrel. Now then, I could be wrong but to the best of my knowledge, I have never seen a reproduction. If it's original, it should have a bayonet lug. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

It's serial number is 79275. To the left of the serial number is the series number 33 and to the right is the Toyo Kogyo symbols. On two places on the bolt are the numbers 284. If the bayonet lug is the thin pole under the barrel then it has it. But it has like an access area for the internal magazine in front of the trigger.

Last edited:
If you can see that it has been ground off, I'm sure you have an original. The
flower was ground off for not to disrespect the god's.

Okay now...is a type 39 or type 99 ?
39's are 6.5 and the 99's are 7.7 jap...and very pricey ammo.

Also, the rifle was supplied with anti-aircraft rear sights, meaning the sight
had little metal arms that you would pull out...as in one to the left and one
to the right.

You can also search Google Images for comparison reasons.

The rear sight can lift up and move up and down, there are little pressure things that i push on the left and right in to make it move up and down

Someone may have removed it after finding out that it snags inside
of rifle cases.
Start watching for ammo, but you can always load your own too, (PRICEY).

I am going to send you an email with pictures of all the features of my gun. and let you have a look at it so you can determine if its real or reproduction.

In my opinion, that rifle was refinished and the front and rear sight
were replaced. Also, someone had bead blasted all the metal parts.
All in all, it's a very nice job.

Back