My Arcus 94 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireForged

I finally got my new Arcus-94 and I have to say that I am very pleased. This is a really great "low budget" Hi-Power. It is heavier than my Browning and the edges are square but the fit and finish is fine and the gun is tight. I had to work the mag release a little to get it to work and there are lots of tool marks on the inside but other than that I have no complaints. I fired about 50 rounds with it today. My grouping was normal but I was hitting a little down and to the right. I think its the finger groove grips that is throwing me off. Thanks for all the info guys!!!

Ooh! Tell me more! If you'd rather not discuss price, could you point me toward a retailer?

Also, what kind of groups are we talking about here? What's the trigger like? And what exactly did you have to do to the mag release? Please let us know about FTF's as you go along too?

I'm seriously looking into HP's and had heard of the Arcus but not that it was an HP clone. Do you have any experience with the FEG/KBI clones and if so, how would you compare the two?

Finally, fixed or adjustable sights?
Thanks and sorry about the peppering.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Gwinny, I believe that CDNN has some versions of this pistol for under $200. VERY reasonable from what I have seen. It is not as sleek as the FEG but I believe it to be a more sturdy and more durable gun.

The Arcus strikes me as an ideal candidate for an extreme 'meltdown' ala Clark Custom's offerings. To top it off, add Novak sights and a set of thin Spegel stocks, bob the hammer, and texturize the front and rear straps. Your gunsmith will certainly appreciate not having to stipple or checker the serial number on the front strap as on the Browning/FN models and most of the HP clones. Arcus thoughtfully relocated the serial number to the dust cover.

Don,
I bought the gun for $179.00 and you can get 2 additional mags at the time of purchase for 1.95 ea(WOW). The trigger is curved just slightly more than the Browning and the pull is the same. Out of the box the mag release was very hard to push in but I loosened the screw on the opposite side of the release and it worked fine. I am not the best shot in the world but I shot a group of about 3.5", but it was a little down and to the right. I have some grips on order, I think that will solve the problem. The sights are fixed and are the three dot type. De-assembly is the same as the Browning Hi Power and the internal parts appear exactly the same.

One more thing, all the parts are forged steel and not cast. I plan to use this gun as a Ruff and Tumble piece. I get tired of being so careful with my more expensive guns. I'll carry this one day to day and not worry about scratches and dings. Take Care All.

[This message has been edited by FireForged (edited November 11, 1999).]

The KBI guns are slick.. not as pretty in tooling as an FN but they shoot really well. The blueing is THICK and glossy and should last a lifetime.

I think I paid $225 for mine and I've seen trhem for sale for as low as $175 (dealer price) in the shotgun news.

KBI ships with 2 magazines (takes ALL HP mags EVER made) manual and a cleaning rod in a nice foam box.

The only modification I made to mine was to put an extended combat safty on it, since the factory one (like browning's) is so small and had a gritty feel. IMO, you should be able to put the safty on and off without altering your grip. Oh and speaking of grips, mine has a houge monogrip with fingergrooves, makes the gun feel less "boxy" in my hand.

Good shooting,

Dr.Rob

I think FEG uses a different finish on its newest HP clones. I remember seeing early ones, the ones that sported a 1911 type slide release and weren't 100% interchangeable with FNs, sport a real nice deep blue finish. The ones I've seen recently that are 100% FN clones have a dull grey finish.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back