My 882SS performance

Hueco

I had the time to go to the range today and sight in my new rifle. I have a Marlin 882SS with a BSA 8-32x44 Platinum Target scope. Took me all of 5 shots to get it zeroed. May I simply say it is a laser gun! I am so overwhelmingly pleased! I encourage anyone who is in the market for this type of firearm to take a SERIOUS look at the 882/883 line.

Hueco

Aw geez, my groups were embarrassing! But wind was heavy and at a direct 90 degrees from the right. So the high winds were blowing not only my bullet abour some, but also moving my target sheet around too! I think the best group I had at 100 yds was about 5 inches for a 7 shot group. But...I am a VERY beginner target shooter and the gun is out-shooting me. At 25 yds, a three shot group was under 1/2". But even then I know I was not scoped in on the same point exactly all three shots. So to sum it up -- I stink. But hey, practice makes perfect. But it is nice to know that when I get better, the gun will be right there with me. That's comforting.

Billy

Back