My 1978 Python

Go to this like to see what I bought, from whom and cost. I paid $150 less than the asking price when I went up to Wellington Fl. from DELRAY BEACH AREA.
file Desktop/%20python%20Guns%20International%20%23-%20101170784%20.webarchive. The actual revolver was much better than the sellers photos. I got a good one at a fair price. Hope this works.

Last edited:
Posting these pics for Doc of his new python!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 254
"Very nice revolver," commented Capt. "Dalea" Obvious.

That vent rib and the wide at the bottom grips just give it that iconic "Python" look. I like the barrel length you got too. What the pictures aren't showing is that marvelous blue finish that they had back then.

It's akin to sacrilege but I got to handle a couple Pythons one time and one with replacement Pachmayr grips fit my hand much better than the stock grips although the stock grips look way better.

Looking forward to a range report.

Dale,
I'm a crummy picture takern but the finish that you described is exactly what mine has. It's almost hypnotic. We're going to our range either Monday or Tuesday & will shoot a box of 357 & a box of 38 P+ shooting Hornady ammo.
The distance will be between 15 to 25 feet. I shot 2 chambers the day I got it but didn't take any pics. My wife said the tip of the barrel didn't move while I was shooting & my accuracy was top notch.

Back