My 1911

Matt_J

Inactive
First Post, I have it where I want it and needed to show someone.

Kimber Custom II

IMG-3326-2.jpg

Beauty.

It’s a back and forth love affair for me.

I got rid of many 1911s, but I have 4 left, after acquiring two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks everyone, I wanted to change it as much as I could without it looking overdone. It's a 9mm so it shoots pretty soft. I love the way it feels. I took it and my RIA 1911 in .22 TCM to the range today, first time shooting the .22 TCM and it's quite an experience. It kept a smile on my face the whole time. VERY loud and huge fireball but the recoil is much less than the 9mm even. Quite a combo, perfect range toy. But when I shoot the Kimber it just feels like a million bucks, worth much more than the sum of its parts. The range I go to is also an official Nighthawk dealer so they have eye candy to look at too.

Thanks everyone, I wanted to change it as much as I could without it looking overdone. It's a 9mm so it shoots pretty soft. I love the way it feels. I took it and my RIA 1911 in .22 TCM to the range today, first time shooting the .22 TCM and it's quite an experience. It kept a smile on my face the whole time. VERY loud and huge fireball but the recoil is much less than the 9mm even. Quite a combo, perfect range toy. But when I shoot the Kimber it just feels like a million bucks, worth much more than the sum of its parts. The range I go to is also an official Nighthawk dealer so they have eye candy to look at too.

Sounds like you’ll have even more in the future.

I always wondered about the TCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They're both more accurate than I am, and I had the best groups I've probably ever shot with a handgun with the exception of some .22 LRs but not by much. Definitely the most accurate centerfire pistols I've owned. I'm betting the Kimber is a hair more accurate than the RIA because everything from the lockup, barrel bushing and fitment is a little tighter, but I'm splitting hairs comparing the accuracy.

VERY nice looking 1911, a class act! If it shoots as well as it looks you have a winner. But I am a 45ACP guy, don't even own a 9mm, only owned one of those years ago, like 35 or so years ago, and it was an import 1911, I think Star, but can't even remember. It was accurate enough, just never tripped my trigger.

My latest addition to my collection of 1911's is a Ruger SR1911 in 9 mm. This is after 8 45ACP's. I have to admit, that soft shooting 9mm is welcome after a session with the boomers!

I only have one Kimber and that's a 45ACP Ultra Carry II. 3" bbl and it shoots darned near as well as my 4 and 5 inch 1911's. It's also been the most "jam free" of my collection.

Yours looks like a piece of junk so you really need to sell it to me cheap! LMAO!:D

Back