My 1897 Winchester

Don'tkillbill

I love my 1897 albeit that its got a nasty cut down butt stock and the guy that had it before me buggered up the magazine.

I tried slam firing in this video but I finally figured out the right form so excuse the learning experience.

Here's a video I did up on my shotgun

http://youtu.be/Hv86_cqAgoE

Great old gun we need more of them :)

They are so cool.
I once had the Marlin equivalent.
While they aren't the equal of modern pumps, they are about the neatest shotguns of all.
Especially yours, the takedowns.
Well, maybe in a tie with the lever actions.
Thanks for sharing and the video.

Finally somebody is talking about an old classic! Thanks for sharing. I love my 1897. I can slam fire it much easier from the shoulder position. Try it! Just hang on tight to the forearm. You should watch the movie Public Enemies--LOTS of old shotguns in there.

I got new furniture and another mag coming so I can get the thing to shoot more shells. I will try a slam fire with black powder and put the bugs down :)

If you are doing"slam fire",...

you have a problem as the recoil lock is not engaging, during the ignition sequence and the full recoil impulse is slamming into the receiver.

The lock is the long bar on the lower left side of the carrier, it fits into a corresponding cut in the receiver wall. Its either broke or gummed up or the cut is not cleared.

They are good shotguns, mine retired to HD use.

Look on gunbroker.com, you'll occasionally find mag tube there.

Back