My 1187 doesn't cycle with cheap stuff????

Larz

I have an remington 1187. I have tried shooting the cheap wallmart 12 guage target load through it and it doesnt cycle. So I tried Remington Gun Club and that doesnt work. The cheapest stuff I can find that cycles is Win AA. I would really like to be able to use the 3 dollars a box stuff instead of 5 doallrs a box. Is this typical of 1187s or could I have a problem. The 1187 has probably only had 150 rounds through it? Could it fix itself when the action loosens up? Is there an O ring I should replace? Thanks in advance, Josh

When was your gun made? Remington released a new nylon ring, and new gas system. You may want to take it to a gunsmith to check it out. ALSO, make sure it's clean! Check and clean out the "gas holes" in the barrel with a pipe cleaner. I "fixed" one a few months ago that the gas holes were PAINTED OVER from the factory. ( it was Real Tree Camo )
Good luck!!
CJB

look at your barrell.1187s are stamped right on the barrell "no lite loads".sorry but this is a sore spot with me.its terrible that a shotgun manufacture like remington cannot build a decent semi auto.you will need at least 1 0z and 1/8 loads.1 0z and 1/4 are even better.if you want reliability with low loads try a benelli m190.yes they will feed the lightest loads and the heviest loads out there no matter what anyone tells you.you will get more recoil with a benneli but that is why they call it fighting.

Back