my 10pt 205lb N.H. Buck

N.H. Yankee

I got him Nov,1 2005 near my home. I was still hunting and at 6:50 stopped for a stand and he came by at 7am. I got him at 60 yards moving with a Knight T-Bolt 50 cal using 100gr 777 and win. 260gr Plantinum tip. The bullet performed perfectly with excellent expansion and pass through. I got a heart shot thankfully, and he went 90 yards with no blood for 50 yards. I didnt find any hair or blood where I hit him and if I didn't know better and wasn't experienced would have thought it a miss. He has 2 points under his fur that can't be seen in the pic. They are just over 1 inch which makes him 10, also has an 11th that is just an inch but after 6 month's it will shrink to under an inch and not qualify as a point.

I was in 12 year old cuttings and it was a jungle. I only had a small window to get a shot and it all happened in less than 4 seconds. N.H. has a deer population of approx 1 deer per square mile and one can spend the whole 26 day season in the woods and never see a deer. I know many who suffer this yearly. I have 31 N.H. deer as we are allowed only 1 deer per season with firearm and 90% of my shots were moving many running due to the terrain and thick woods and the fact I still hunt. I shoot daily for about a week before the season to sharpen my skills.

This deer dressed at 205lbs with no intestines, testicles, liver, heart nothing! the deer has to be thouroughly dressed for weight at an official checking station. Any deer over 200lbs is a state trophy deer, I have 2 and 2 others that missed by less than 10lbs. Now I have my bow and this is a near impossible task where I hunt due to a very low deer population and is one of the worse places in the state. I have the mindset anything can happen and if you don't hit the woods it most certainly wont. Just started bow hunting and while not optimistic I am still in the woods which is the enjoyment of the day.
Here's a link to my pictures, click on the first pic to open the album. Hope the link works as we can't upload pics on the forum right now, at least I could'nt.

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do

Congratulations on the monster!

Link appears incomplete. Cut/paste takes you to a login screen.

OTOH, I'm amazed that the deer went 90 yards if you blew its heart out :confused:

I sure wish we could post here I can't get them to work here lately. I think maybe because I didn't have a capitol A in album, not sure. The deer didn't even bleed for about 50 yards or so. I have had heart shot deer run 100 yds and some drop like a switch had been hit. I also think due to his size he had stamina. I will try to find another site to post pics on and hopefully it will work, I have a very slow connection 24,400 and live where cable isn't going to be available due to being so remote and few homes and the phones lines on the road are antiquated and not capable of any bandwidth. As a result I get a timed out message when trying to upload large files like pictures

Back