Muzzleloader shot flask ID

I bought this flask years ago at an estate sale. Can anyone tell me anything about it. I had a couple of people Id at a gun show, and I got 3 different opinions. One man said it was German made, and he offered me a 32 caliber Dragoon for it. The next guy said that it was from the 1960's and worth nothing. The last guy said that he thought it was about 80 years old, and could not put a value on it.

Attachments

• 000_0339.jpg
    000_0339.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It certainly LOOKS like an old European shot flask, IMHO.

It could also be an old import by someone like Dixie Gun Works, that's seen better days.

I, for sure, would have swapped for the .32 dragoon, though.

I would guess maybe the european identity would be correct, as in Victorian America, I would not have expected to see alot of everyday utilitarian gun related items decorated with a naked lady. And that sort of lets out any military association, for me! I don't think Sam Colt or the major makers had naked lady flasks that I can recall. Maybe it belonged to some 19th century pimp to charge his pocket "enforcer"! I would use your photo shop to lighten up the photo and make the image clearer, or take a photo in natural light outdoors, even on a brightly overcast day it should do better than flash. If it were a late made replica, I think the folks at Dixie Gun Works could tell you for sure, as if they did not sell it, they surely saw it. If it is an antique, they maybe could ID it too. They handle alot of antiques. Google searched it?

Back