Muzzleloader help

Ultra12

Now that I have the basic collection (hunting rifle in 3006, Mosin nagant for plunking, 4570 lever action for big game, a shotgun for upland and a 223 for varmint ) I decided next should be a muzzleloader. It will give me few extra weeks of hunting and .50 cal is just bad ass. However I know little to nothing about them. I have an extra scope Nikon monarch that will go on it. I see big chain stores sell muzzleloaders for few hundred bucks but I realized long ago u get what you pay for. I buy things with mind set that they will never be sold and will be left to my kids and grand kids. What better place to ask advice than here on a forum. I wouldn't mind a used muzzleloader (older stuff usually are better quality). Thank you in advance.

Just a few thoughts I have for ya. Since you want a scope, an in-line action is best. If you like the Rem 700 it comes in a muzzle loader version (700ML). Or my favorite the Knight Muzzle loaders. If you want versatility get the TC Encore muzzle loader. And you can get extra barrels in rifle and shotgun. There are others but my experience with them stops me from recommending them. I would advise you to check the selection in your area and ask about each one you find specifically (BEFORE you buy it):)

Back