Muzzle Break Question

Corrections Cop

So I have a muzzle break for a 12 gauge saga shotgun, that I want to fit on my 16 gauge project. It fits snug over the 16 barrel, and my question is, can I use JB weld to secure it to the barrel, or should I have my buddy solder it on? The barrel is not threaded, and the break is. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

CC

Spelling aside, JB Weld will not do the job. Soldering should be OK if the brake is really a close slip fit. Normally brakes on shotguns are made with a sleeve that is a bit small for the normal barrel of that gauge, so the barrel is threaded, or turned down for soldering on the brake.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to use a 12 gauge brake on a 16 gauge shotgun; there will be little effect, since gas deflection will be minimal. Gas will escape forward around the charge, not upward through the slots in the brake.

If you are using a brake only to extend the barrel to legal length, BATFE requires that the brake be welded on. Soldering or screwing on (without also welding) is not sufficient.

Jim

Thanks, the barrel is legal, but I just want a little bit extra, plus I like the look. The fit is very snug. That is correct James a 12 gauge brake on a 16 gauge barrel.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
That's not a brake, it's a flash hider. Won't do squat except decorate the barrel and spread the muzzle flash into a star. You won't see anything during the day though.

Muzzle Break
blownbarrel.jpg

Muzzle Brake
719713.jpg

:D

Also the device pictured on your gun is a flash hider, which does nothing as far as recoil, unless you count the weight of the device.

Back