Muzzle brake for 300 Blackout needed

Chaparral

I purchased a Ruger Ranch rifle in 300 Blk out. I notice where it has a threaded barrel for a suppressor or muzzle brake. Not that I really need one but I was just going to put a muzzle brake on just for cosmetic appearance. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

If you want a more expensive option, look into VG6 Epsilon or Gamma models. You could also get a "Cage" to put around it to serve as a blast forward device.

Or you could go with a blast forward device from the beginning, otherwise known as a "linear comp". People seem to like Kaw Valley Precision's linear comp. Overall sound is not decreased, just some is directed away from the shooter. Does nothing to reduce recoil although not an issue in 300 blackout.

There are very cheap linear comps on EBAY that probably work fine, but some have very aggressive and/or tacky looking designs, around $20.

You need to know your thread pitch.

What style do you like?
Fish gill?
"Tank" brake?
Linear compensator?
Flash hider?
Aggressive?
Subdued?
Smooth?
Sharp / jagged?

What's it threaded, 1/2-28 or 5/8-24?

What style do you like?
Fish gill?
"Tank" brake?
Linear compensator?
Flash hider?
Aggressive?
Subdued?
Smooth?
Sharp / jagged?

What's it threaded, 1/2-28 or 5/8-24?
I have to be honest and tell you I am not really an AR guy that much so I really don't know much about the different styles. Probably just a simple flash hider look would be fine. 5/8 24

Last edited:
If you look at Midway,there is a 5/8 24 30 cal linear comp by AR Stoner for $20

Its not particularly a flash hider and I doubt it will significantly reduce recoil.

I chose it for a .300 blk pistol with a 10 in bbl. No gas ports on the sides,top,or bottom. Six holes plus the bore hole blow all the blast forward,down range. It looks sort of like a revolver cylinder up front.

It ought to be a little easier on the ears than most comps,brakes,and flash hiders.

I have not tried it yet.

If you look at Midway,there is a 5/8 24 30 cal linear comp by AR Stoner for $20

Its not particularly a flash hider and I doubt it will significantly reduce recoil.

I chose it for a .300 blk pistol with a 10 in bbl. No gas ports on the sides,top,or bottom. Six holes plus the bore hole blow all the blast forward,down range. It looks sort of like a revolver cylinder up front.

It ought to be a little easier on the ears than most comps,brakes,and flash hiders.

I have not tried it yet.
I purchased this one through Midway today.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...roduct-shipped-today-product-description-link

Back