Must Have surplus rifles

Noreaster

Starting a collection. Sold my Mauser years ago and I'm regretting it. Looking to replace and also add a full length Mosin Nagant. What else is a must have for a surplus rifle collection. These will be wall hangers with trips to the range by me and my sons a couple of times a year.

Lee Enfields
Arisaka's
Mausers
Mosin Nagants
MAS 36/Lebels
Garand/Springfields
Carcano

How long is a bit of string ... you can go as deep or wide as you like - the list above are the basic list - it can get very broad with Turks, Spanish and Mid East stuff as well.

Tiki.

The US Model of 1917.
eddystone.png

Mine is an Eddystone. :rolleyes:

I am absolutely frothing at the mouth to have an M1 Garand. I really wish I had my 1895 Mauser back as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
SKS, Swede 96 and Enfield No. 4 Mk I. I sold my Nagants and K31 and don't regret it one bit. My SKS is very fun to shoot, and I will never sell my Enfield. I mostly keep the Swede because it was made in the Oberndorf factory in 1900, and I like the history.

Krag carbine

Lee Enfield mark 1

Martini Henry, Snider, Remington roller or a trapdoor Springfield: Just so you can enjoy a military single shot. There is a way those guns are sighted, balanced and feel that is lost with a bolt gun.

69.99, plus shipping, plus FFL, plus nics, plus time to clean all the cosmo off it, plus I don't get it see it before I buy it, plus its a 91/30. I hand picked my M44 and brought her home... no cosmo, shoots great, excellent condition, excellent bore...

At least one obscure semi-auto that no-one at the range has ever heard of before. For me, it's an FN-49 but a Hakim, Rasheed, MAS 49/56, Vz. 52, SVT 40, Johnson M1941, G43, or Ljungman AG-42 would work as well.

Back