Municipal Hypocrites

rod

Here's I question I would like to direct to all of those cities who are suing gun manufacturers for not moving to high tech "safety devices" on firearms.

We all know that firearms design and manufacture is largely driven by law enforcement needs. The FBI the California Highway Patrol and various other large law enforcement agencies have made very specific design requests in the past that have been fulfilled by gun manufacturers. If these cities are so interested in and have become so impatient waiting for gun manufacturers to incorporate electronics user-only safeguards on guns why haven't they simply required their local law enforcement organizations to demand them? I don't think one of these cities has ever even made mention of including these devices in any firearms procurement processes, yet municipal law enforcement agencies are probably the largest single consumer of civilian-type arms in the US, and as such exert tremendous influence over the way arms are designed. These mayors have control over these agencies so why haven't they been directing them to purchase gun with these special safety devices?

The truth of course is that these nitwits never even knew of the existence of these devices until a couple of months ago when Josh Sugarman and a bunch of greedy lawyers whispered it into their ear. And the gun control proponents would never want police agencies to demand these types of guns because the bad publicity that occured when officers were killed as a result would hurt their cause. Plus it would highligh just how much at odds the asinine proposal is with the law enforcement community.

To a large degree guns today are what law enforcement has made them!

I think we should be asking this question of the mayors involved... Do you!?

=rod=

Back