• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Multiple URLs in a Post Prohibited ... ?

Bud Helms

Caeca Invidia Es,

I am having trouble posting more than one URL in a post. Only the last one entered comes out posted. Uhh, let's see if I can communicate better ... if I enter three urls, the first two aren't visible in the post.

Am I having a senior (Dennis) moment? If so, it is lasting way too long!

Back in Feb 2000, I got some response ... The Militarization of Civilian Authority

There were a few straggler responses here too ... The Militarization of Civilian Authority - Part II

And if you really have a strong stomach ... Warrior Cops - The Ominous Growth of Paramilitarism in
American Police Departments
, by Diane Cecilia Weber of the Cato Institute

Okay, don't say it ... the quote marks ... this isn't UBB :o:o:o IRA Dummy, IRA Dummy, IRA Dummy, IRA Dummy, IRA Dummy ... I guess it really was a Dennis moment ... ? No, that's more like a MalH moment ... they last longer :D

Sorry, Sensop. You were having a BluesMan moment.

You should have seen the thread that I was going to start in here about a week ago asking the same question. I tried a ton of different things, and nothing would work. Only the last link would show up. It was really frustrating.

On a whim, I decided to check the vB code page one last time just to be sure.

I saw the quotes and thought: DUMMY!

I then clicked the 'back' button instead of the 'submit' button. Backed away quietly and never brought up the subject. <sheepish grin>

I thank you for bringing this up and probably helping other members who were confusssed as me. :)

TBM ... :):)

Rich, one of the differences between vB code and UBBcode is the way you put a URL into the post. If you choose to enter the entire URL, with a title as a link, and not use the parsing feature, there is an important difference.

UBB code:
Code:
http://www.thefiringline.com/

vB code:
Code:
"http://www.thefiringline.com/"

See the quote marks?

I still don't understand everything I'm doing wrong in every case. For example, I had a heck of a time getting the entire correct link statement code above inside the start-code/end-code brackets. I think I am still mixing html with vB code ... maybe I'm mixing UBB and vB ... ??? WTF, I'm a hardware guy!

UBB code:
Code:
[url=http://www.thefiringline/The Firing Line[/url]

vB code:
Code:
[url= "http://www.thefiringline.com/" ]The Firing Line[/url]

Some spaces in there helped, but that just shows I'm not doing something right.

Back