Mulies in Town (pics)

huntinaz

Saw this herd of 4 bucks on the way home from a picnic this evening, right in town. We saw a herd of bucks last year but none were this big. Couple of nice 4 points in the herd. I'd be tickled to shoot either of them. My wife got out and took some pics. These were the best out of like twenty... I admit I was expecting better pics. Perhaps we'll see them again. Anyway, I'm excited for deer season. Nov 9-15, got the whole season off and will be getting paid for it:D

I know these are average bucks in some places, but out here in AZ it's not every year I see a buck this big. Let alone 2 together, in town. Hope these guys end up about 40 miles south of here come mid-November:rolleyes:

Deer0018.jpg

Deer0019.jpg

Deer0012.jpg

Deer0007.jpg

Nice.

We were in Ft. Davis, Texas a couple of years ago. We were driving around town and found a small group of mulies lounging behind the fences of 3 difference yards on the same street. When I got too close for pics, they bounded over the fence down the street and into another yard. I finally figured out that they were doing predator avoidance in town from the safety of fenced yards.

I know these are average bucks in some places,

Where I hunt in Northern CA that small forked horn is average! Nice pics, I hope they hang around for you. That big 4 pointer gets a "toad" classification from me:D

During my mother's years in Alpine, TX, her back yard was regularly covered with deer pills. And wild turkeys wandered through the neighborhood. It was alleged that the biggest mulie bucks in Brewster County were commonly found on the Alpine golf course.

Dunno if they made par or not.

During my mother's years in Alpine, TX, her back yard was regularly covered with deer pills. And wild turkeys wandered through the neighborhood. It was alleged that the biggest mulie bucks in Brewster County were commonly found on the Alpine golf course.

I drove thru Alpine once years ago on my way to Lajitas. I remember I did see deer around Alpine (I'm always lookin'). Drank a few Lonestars with some local folks one night, they said THE place to hunt deer was around Alpine. Looked like a nice town.

Is that beer-drinking goat still the mayor of Lajitas?

They still have a goat that drinks and call him Clay Henry, but I am pretty sure it isn't the same goat I saw 25 years ago, LOL. I am sure he had liver problems. :D

I can't get the picture to load, Art. Says I don't have permission over at thehighroad. 120 beers is impressive though :D

Back