MS CCW?

davis21b

Me and my wife are about to take a vacation in Fl. I have a MS CCW and I looked up of they honor MS CCW and they do but it states only permits issued by state or legal residents are accepted. What does that mean? Sorry if dumb question bit I would rather ask and know than do it and be in the wrong of somethong was to happen.

Did you look here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/

That's a good place to start. I'm not licensed to practice law in either MS or FL, so take this for what it's worth: Looking at handgunlaw.us, it looks like Florida does honor Mississippi permits.

ETA: Looks like Doyle beat me to it.

In other words, Florida will only honor CCW permits issued to a state resident but will not honor non -resident permits. There are states that issue permits to residents of other states and Florida will not honor these. You should be good to go especially if passing through Alabama since we honor MS CCW.

In other words, Florida will only honor CCW permits issued to a state resident but will not honor non -resident permits. There are states that issue permits to residents of other states and Florida will not honor these. You should be good to go especially if passing through Alabama since we honor MS CCW

Which is REALLY strange because FL is one of the states that will issue a non-resident permit. Go figure. :confused:

Back