Mr John Getz

fletchbutt152

Can someone please help me get ahold of him? Not quite a year ago November I ordered a barrel from Mr Getz and he assured me I'd get it in 6 weeks. So 2 months went by and I called...then 3 then 4 and every time he almost had it done. I know I might be the dummy for still trying to get a barrel from him, but he's got my breech plug. He doesn't return calls and it takes me 6 weeks to get him on the phone. I'm getting tired of waiting as is my gun builder. If anyone with some clout can help me out, please tell him I'm waiting. Also, if you have a working email address for him or his fax number, please send it my way. Anyone out there ever talk to his guy? I'm dying for my barrel, missed this muzzy season, but hopefully not next.

Thanks,
Phil

Is that the maker of the famous Getz barrels?
There are an awful lot of gunbuilders on the American Longrifle website, maybe someone on there is more personally familiar with him or knows some one else who is:
http://americanlongrifles.com/american-longrifles-BBS-frame.htm
Could it be that it usually takes much longer than his intended or stated time frame before a barrel is completed and shipped?
I've read that it often takes more time to get some items to be made and delivered than I would have ever imagined it would normally take.
Maybe someone somewhere can offer you more advice on both the subject in general and Mr. Getz's situation in particular, but hopefully it's not a serious health problem and only a temporary delay. It's generally true among muzzle loading business people that their word is their bond and their reputation speaks for itself, so they usually do try to protect it. If it's just a backlog, try to be patient as you search for the explanation. Many of these folks are so busy working that maybe they don't consider public relations important enough to spend too much time on.
I wish you luck and please let us know how everything works out for you in the end. Maybe the wait will ending up being worth it...:rolleyes:

Ah yes, patience

Yes, almost every time I've talked to Mr. Getz, he's very personable and informative. I undestand he only has two of them in the shop and he makes barrels for lots of people and movies, and gun builders...all of which purchase more than my one or two barrels. I do not mind the wait to get the best I can, I just wish when he tells me the thing will ship at the end of the week and it doesn't, that he'd call me to tell me every month or so. In fact, I've even offered to build him a web page. My wife is very talented. Anyways, that's for the link and the encouragement.

phil

Back