MP5 with hellfire trigger kit

evan1293

I know that a semi auto mp5 is not an NFA item, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the mp5 in SA with the hellfire trigger kit? I've never seen the hellfire trigger kits first hand and I was just wondering if these would produce the same cyclic rate in a semi auto version as would the coveted full auto?

Are there any issues, reliability or otherwise, with the HF triggers? For 20K+ for a full auto mp5, this is looking like a poor man's alternative to me. Any thoughts?

"...hellfire trigger..." I believe the ATF decided they're evil.

Not to my knowledge; got a cite or advisory opinion that indicates that?

Nevertheless, the Hell-fire trigger (and similar junk) are just that...junk. Save yourself the cost and trouble of buying one and learn to bumpfire.

"hellfire trigger" I beleive everybody thinks they're crap. ;)

Although they are banned in 2 states, MN being one of them.

The only "Hell-Fire" trigger system worth a darn

was the "double trigger" set-up for the 10-22. It added another trigger in front of the normal one so when you squeezed back you fire a round and when you pushed forward with your trigger finger you'd shoot again. All of the other "systems" were simply springs to help you bumpfire eaiser. I would just leave your MP5 alone and ejoy it as is.

Install a light trigger and over travel adjustment screw. I can shoot off two and three round bursts that appear to be automatic fire using that method in my 10/22.

Don't waste your money on that little gadget as it doesn't do anything but empty your wallet at full auto rate. All it does is push the trigger back. NO, the B-A-T of the F didn't ban anything because there was nothing to ban. The reason they don't sell them anymore is that they guy that made them was sued out of business by the victim's families of a murder in a san francisco law firm. They sued every one that made anything the killer was wearing from that hell fire thing to the sneaker manufacturer that made his shoes. :confused: So, he doesn't make them any more. Besides, like has been suggested, a simple rubber band does the same thing if you really need any training wheels to bumpfire. I sucessfully used this "system" to bumpfire my 10-22. So that myth that a .22 doesn't have enough recoil to bumpfire is totally busted.

The double trigger is a bitch to use. What you do with that one is that after you pull the trigger and let it reset, you push forward on the little lever that cams just inside the trigger where it fits. I don't know about you but if you want to see how hard it is to push it, try pushing the trigger back with your fingernail instead of the finger pad. I used to have one and I hate to say this but it sucked! Go on youtube and search for "AK47 NUTTER" videos and see. Its the one with the cheap stogie.

For what its worth, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Last edited:
MP5 with hellfire trigger kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that a semi auto mp5 is not an NFA item,

My next question is can we see it?

postpics.gif

A semi auto MP5 is called a SP89. That is the only semi MP5 I know of. Do they make a HF trigger kit for the SP89?

Calm down. Watch the bloodpressure. Typo. They are called MK5. Professional Arms is making full auto and semi-auto clones that look like the MP5. The difference is you can easily change the caliber of the weapon in under 2 minutes and it comes in 9mm, .40 and .45.

Vector IS making MP5's! Their shop is about a mile from my house and I was just in there picking up my Milled AK a few weeks ago! Gallensons has an HK94 used for sale for $4800.00 Twin drum mag and two stocks included! I also had the Hellfire for my 10-22 and it sucked! you could empty a 50 rnd mag in a few seconds but you couldn't hit a 4x8 sheet of ply at 25 feet!

How did you manage to get that thing to work properly? I had to jiggle my finger in the trigger like a mad guitarist. Could not get it to work like in the video. I could practically fire just as fast without it that way. I think they used an automatic 10-22 in that one. You don't see the guy moving his finger at all. I finally threw mine away in disgust after I found it broken on one side where it has that long oval hole.

hknut

A semi auto MP5 is called a SP89. That is the only semi MP5 I know of. Do they make a HF trigger kit for the SP89?

As far as I can tell if it has a trigger guard, this one is supposed to fit just about anything. A rubber band is easier to adjust if you really need to anyways (and a whole lot easier to replace if it breaks or falls off) and its way cheaper to get another for another gun.

Back