• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Mozilla and TFL...

Is anyone having issues with Mozilla and TFL?

I got hit with a forced "upgrade" the other day and now I can't use the smilies or the formatting buttons at the top of the message pane.

I'm close to going back to IE because every time Mozilla forces an upgrade I have viewing issues with a variety of websites.

I recall that same problem reported before. It wasn't a Firefox problem, it was something else like Java or Active-X. I'll see if I can find it.
Can't find it, but I think it was that Javascript wasn't enabled. Be sure you have both Java and Javascript enabled in Tools->Options->Web Features

(You need to exit FF and restart it before the change takes effect. That is, if that's the problem.)

Java and Javascript are both enabled...

This has happened a couple of times after forced upgrades.

Once I got pissed enough that I reverted to a much earlier version.

I'm about to that point again.

No Problems Yet ... I use Google as my Search engine with Firefox
how long did you use the one version before it made you upgrade... I'm not a computer guy, but good to know for my own problem if it happens....

Wild A.. i think it means Internet Explorer:)

I've been using Firefox for probably the last 6 to 8 months or so.

I've noticed some issues when upgrading, but I've never noticed that it's killed my forum controls. This one is a first.

IE is Internet Explorer

I've been using Apples Safari (for windows). Very fast and so far so good.
It works with all the sites and has a few features IE doesn't.

I had trouble using the bundled Mozilla, but when I went to Firefox and Thunderbird as separate apps, they worked fine.

You will get the warning that you need to upgrade your Java script if you are using a script blocker, as I do. On TFL, I permenently enabled scripts.

The only time I use Internet Exploder is when I'm listening to Yahoo Launchcast Radio or playing certain games on Pogo.

Otherwise I find it to be FAR slower than Firefox.

Back