Moving To California

Don9999

Inactive
I am moving to California but my residence will remain in Oregon for up to six months or so. I want to bring two handguns with me that I use at a range once in awhile. I have CCW in Oregon. Both firearms were purchased with Federal I.D. check, etc. The registration form wants a California Drivers Lic it appears. Am I able to bring my 9mm and 32 Keltec into California? I understand since I have a van they will have to be in a locked case. What about in back of a locked moving truck? Thanks Don

If you plan on becoming a CA resident, you can register each handgun with the DOJ BOF for $19 each. I would suggest you buy some guns that are not on the "safe list" because once you're there, the only way to obtain them is PPT. Guns not on the list can become very expensive, ie: Keltec P32 and P3AT I've seen sell for almost $500.

Don't bring any mags over 10rds into the state, it's a felony if you're caught.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

OMG!!! u live in the vallhalla of gun owner states and ur moving to KalifornistaN!!!!!Good luck and kiss ur AK's and AR"S goodbye, i hope im not over reacting. Super

Deepest sympathy!!!! Fortunately I'll never be faced with the horrible thought of living in Kalifornia with it's wacky attitudes toward firearms.

You may want to consider talking to Californians in the area you're moving to. Some of us are perfectly willing to pay nice premiums for personal imports that aren't on the list. Do note that all personal transfers in CA still have to take place through dealers; there are background checks on everything.

Last edited:
Back