Moving targets

hsg2001

The private range I shoot at has 6 pistol ranges, a rappeling tower, a bus for "bus assaults", 4 rifle ranges, a jungle lane, etc.

The owner is the lead swat guy for the county, ex-seal, teaches classes similar to gunsite's, and trains his swat guys at the same range (reason for the bus).

The most interesting thing he has is a steel man sized target on a miner/train car. You set it up a hill, somebody releases it and it goes blazing down towards the front of you.

I dont know how fast this thing is moving, but the most rounds a person has been able to put on target with a hand cannon is 3 rounds!

Anybody else ever train with one of these?

And if you're in Missouri, I recommend taking a class and becoming a member. We have yearly 3 gun matches, great deal of good members, friendly enviroment

http://www.aptacademy.com

A range in Mariana, Florida has a cart on rails similar to a roller-coaster. The cart carries one or two IPSC targets and is locked in place at the top of the ramp. A steel popper triggers the moving cart when it is hit. The normal course of fire is to start standing in box with pistol holstered. At the timer beep, draw and hit the popper, then run to the right 5 yards to a second square and hit the moving targets with two rounds per target before the cart and targets dissapear behind a barrier. As the cart hits the end of the ramp, it triggers a swinging target which must be engaged twice before running to a fake building front and engaging a number IPSC and steel targets thru two windows and a doorway. Incredible stage and fun, fun, fun!

They have another stage which is a building made of old cypress (no roof). It contains a room and hallway with doors, etc. and is varied in configuration from match to match. It always consists of a mix of IPSC paper and steel poppers.

Once a year they have their "Shoot Till You Puke" 300 plus rounds match. After lunch, they shoot it again.:eek:

Back