Moving from IL to ...

graydj

Inactive
Hello all,

I'm moving from the communist state of IL to the great state of CO. What is the first thing I should do with my newfound gun freedom? What I am looking to find out is how I can conceal carry ASAP...I'm been pretty deprived...

I lived in Chicago for quite a while. You are in for an unpleasant surprise.

IL has no concealed-carry for non-cops. None. Abandon all hope, it ain't gonna happen.

You will need a FOID (firearms-owner ID) card to own any gun at all. There is very little leeway given to people moving into the state so you will want to apply as soon as you have an IL address. Having a gun without a FOID is a fairly serious misdemeanor so decide for yourself if you want to bring anything with you at first.

If you are moving to Chicago, NO PISTOLS AT ALL, EVER. If you are not a cop, you can't have one. Same for any serious rifle or shotgun. Birdguns and deer-rifles only, pretty much.

I think you can have pistols outside of Chicago, but high-capacity magazines are a no-go and transportation restrictons are numerous.

I had to leave everything but my 12ga birdgun and a boltgun or two with family in Indiana.

No fun.

Colorado concealed carry permits are fairly easy to get. You have to take a class that depending on where you take it ranges from 3 hours to 4 days. I'd recommend the one at Paradise Sales in Colorado Springs. They all run around $100. Then the permit requires a Co state background check for $52.50 and whatever the cost of the permit is, which varies from county to county. In El Paso county (Co Spgs) its $100, and in Teller County (BFE) it is $50, I was told that it is $250 in Denver county.

Hit me up with any other questions, I might be able to help you out with them. At least 4 of my buddies and I have all gotten ours in the last year or so.

-Dane

Hello all,

I'm moving from the communist state of IL to the great state of CO. What is the first thing I should do with my newfound gun freedom? What I am looking to find out is how I can conceal carry ASAP...I'm been pretty deprived...

Congratulations on getting the hell out of this God forsaken, gun restricting, Blago and Daley loving, cesspool of liberalism. Wherever one goes from here(except Kalifornia maybe)it's got to be better. Wish I could get out of here too. Sadly, I'll probably have to wait for retirement to flip this state the bird.:mad:

Back