Moved and looking for land to hunt

HALLAUSTIN

I've moved from NC to south Florida. I am looking for somewhere to hunt feral hogs. I'd appreciate the chance to hunt new game and maybe keep hog population down. I have a bow, pistol, shotgun and an AR.

There are several gun clubs as well as a lot of ranches. You might contact local FDOW office where you live - they may have some pointers.

You can learn the state areas from the wildlife folks; they have a website. You can even buy a license online. (I got a non-resident fishing license, that way.)

A monthly hunting/fishing news magazine is Woods 'N Water.

www.woodsnwater.net

Craigslist .... always clubs looking for members on there, or post asking for landowners with hog problems.

Pythons leave you alone; damn cottonmouths chase after you - and gators during mating season are nothing to tangle with

Pythons leave you alone; damn cottonmouths chase after you - and gators during mating season are nothing to tangle with

I don't have experience with pythons, but the part about cottonmouths and gators is straight truth. I even had a cottonmouth come right at me last weekend. He would've kept coming, too, if I hadn't gotten the 12 ga swung around on him.

+1 to staying away from the cottonmouths and especially the gators when Steve Spurrier was their coach... Oh wait, we are talking real gators. Yep, during mating season the lizards get a little uppity about interlopers. If you hear the sound of someone gunning a small outboard in short spurts, run faster than the guy next to you!

Back