Move up to a revolver

NOVA CONE

Inactive
Afrer i bought a Desert Eagle .44mag i was wondering if i should go with a .44mag revolver for my next gun.

I was wanting some info on what to go for S&W Ruger or what?
I was thinking of around a 5-6 in barrel and wanting a stainless finish.

Should i go for a full underlug or not i dont care about the recoil i love bigger recoils.
Ive got about 650-700 bucks to blow so what do i get

If there's an old post on the subject please push me in that direction

Thanks in advance :)

Nova, I have several.44mags. I have a S&W 4" m-629, and Colt Anaconda 4". I love them both. As for an underlug...OH YES! any added weight helps. AS for barrel length, well thats subjective, basicall what you like. The longer the barrel the less the kick. Any .44 mag will let you know immediately after firing what caliber you just shot off. Good luck :)

Welcome to TFL. Personally, I love Ruger revolvers. They have plenty of meat to them so even a steady diet of magnum ammo won't hurt them. Their single actions are especially well built and are affordable. Getting a 44 Magnum wheelgun to match your semi is a great idea. You can stick to stocking one type of cartridge that way. Let us know what you decide.

Go with S&W or Ruger depending on your choice of SA or DA. If you get a Smith, look for a good used one. You should already know why.

Either will serve you well,

Greeting's and welcome to TFL. Opinions are
subjective, but I prefer the Smith & Wesson
Classic, with a 5" barrel.:D:) If you decide
to shoot hot loads on a continous basis, then
the Ruger would most likely suit your needs
somewhat better?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

SMALL ENOUGH TO CARRY - BIG ENOUGH TO KNOCK THINGS DOWN

My 5.5" stainless Ruger Redhawk is one of my favorite guns; light bullets for foolin' around, 240's at 880fps for IPSC competition, and heavies ranging from 250-320g for ANY kind of hunting.

I can even use it for carry, but it's not the very best choice.
But I can...

Buy a BRAND-NEW Classic DX S&W model 629 with a 6 1/2 inch barrel. They are coming out very tight, very smooth and just about the finest handgun in that caliber! Superb accuracy.

I should know this but if i was to get a Smith&Wesson how do i tell how old it is and what is the newest i should go for?

Thanks

Anything USED is a safe bet.:D Otherwise, look for the firing pin on the hammer, and not on the frame. They are old enough to be OK, even if encountered NIB.

S&W Model629 , Mtn.Gun & V-Comp

It's seems I add my input on this topic quite often. The S&W Mountain Gun, 4" SLStl., at 39 oz.
offers easy handleing and excellent accuracy. Some
BIG name gunzine writers have even gone so far as to call it a modern classic. Everyone I know loves theirs, and so do I.

The S&W Performance Center has a line of M629 V-
Comp guns that are neat to the extreme. I have a
3 icnh, but they also come in 4 & 5. I have an article that states the guy shot a 3 1/2 " group
at 50 YARDS off a bag with iron sights with one.
***There is one on one of the auction boards, a 5
inch, for $699 that is VERY close to dealer
cost. ***( I have NO interest in the gun ). Best...dewey---it's on 'gunbroker.com'

Back