Mounting laser on already scoped 10/22?

mickeyfinn1

Inactive
I have a 10/22 Takedown with a Bug Buster scope mounted up top on the Ruger supplied mount. The scope is 9.8" long.

For some reason I have the itch to add a laser sight to my Takedown and bought one though it has not yet arrived.The laser sight is 4.75" inches long.

I'm looking for ideas as to how to add the laser sight to the rifle while keeping the Bug Buster right where it is.

So far I'm thinking of replacing the Ruger mount with one of those long, multi-slot mounts and moving theBug Buster towards the back of the extended mount..

Next I would put the laser sight in an offset mount and attach it towards the front and side of the extended mount.

Do you think this would work okay?

Is there a better way? I'm all ears.

Thanks

Last edited:
I looked at them but wanted a green laser for the enhanced visibility and the Ruger Lasermax is in red only.

They are all over eBay and go for between $35 -$40 in auctions. CDNN has them on sale right now for $30 plus $10 shipping.

Lots of Options

Aren't there adapters whereby it may be mounted atop/astride the scope? Check Brownells.
Yes there are, as long as you have enough room on your scope. You can also mounts a barrel band base and then install just about anything you want. I see lasers on EBay for less than $20.00 that will mount to a rail. Since the tactical stuff cam in, you can find a lot of stuff like that. ..... ;)

Example; Go to amazon and type in "Laser Mount"

Be Safe !!!

Last edited:
Back