Mountain Gun leather

AndABeer

Just recieved my Dillon shipment which included Kramer's holster for S&W's Mountain Gun line. Sweet sweet holster and a great price. Carried my new 625 Mountain Gun in it today and the comfort level was very high. Highly recommend it for those curious.

My luck hasn't been so good with my Kramer Mountain Gun holster. The fit is so tight I can hardly get the gun out, no matter how persistently I tug and tug and tug. (BTW this is definitely not something I practice around my wife--no use making myself look more ridiculous than usual;).)

Anyway, I asked Kramer about the fit and was given some tips on how to correct the problem. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

My 625-4...

...while not a Mountain Gun, loves to ride in its PWL pancake holster. If I stumble across a used .45 ACP or .45 Colt Mountain Gun, I believe it will get to ride in the same rig. :)

I bought the same holster from Dillon and agree it's a great holster. I also agree, however, that for rougher field use a safety strap is a very good idea. A couple of years ago the horse I was riding stumbled in an armadillo hole and took us both down. My leg was trapped in the stirrup underneath the horse, and the horse was kicking its hind legs right at my head and chest trying to get up. I grabbed for my 1911 in a Kramer Vertical Scabbard (made of horsehide by the way) to shoot the old nag if necessary, but it wasn't there. I freed myself without further discomfort to myself or the horse. The 1911 was 10 feet away, still cocked and locked, with a few new character scratches. I now make sure to carry a pistol with some type of restraining device while engaged in equine, motorcyle, or four-wheeler activities.

Back