mount for Savage 99

oldscot3

My 99 has a one piece redfield style base; I have low rings and a steeltube k4 mounted. The setup isn't terrible but I'd like to have the scope further back and can't due to the front ring being against the bell.

My thought is to switch to weaver style but they show only two piece #16 bases for front and back. I don't see how that can be correct since the receiver slopes down as you go back. Also I think (?) there is only one screw hole at the rear. I think this gun requires a one piece base.

Anyone have a weaver style setup on your 99?

I put Weaver mounts on my model 99, I think I used the #14 and #19 bases on it. Leupold makes a one piece base but I wanted 2 piece.

I have a weaver catalog, I think it's only a year or two old, and it shows a #16 at front and rear. That has to be a mistake unless a low and medium or medium and high ring combo is supposed to be used.

I'll do more research, however, two piece bases still won't let me move the front ring back so I can move the scope rearward. I need a one piece that has the weaver slots to let me move the ring back.

Back