mount advice

handwerk

Last year I got my pronghorn back from my wyoming hunt; it's the first big-game head I've had mounted, he did a great job. Just wondering what a person needs to do to keep it looking great in the years to come. Thanks for you help!

I know that dry climates are better than moist ones; and occasional light vacuuming doesn't hurt. Most important, mount it where people won't have the temptation to run their hands thru the fur....olis and acids from the hands will shorten the life of the mount.

Other's will undoubtedly have more sophisticated info than that. Congrats on the trophy.
Rich

I have a couple pronghorn mounts and I've found that the best thing is just to keep them dusted real good. I use a funny looking thing that my wife has to dust her porcelain statues. It's some kind of very soft feathers all bound together. The hair on pronghorn is very course and seems more susceptible to come out than other mounts I've found so try not to handle it too much. I mainly leave them be and just run the feather duster thing all over them once a year or so.

Back