Motion activated optic?

JERRYS.

I'm considering the Sig Romeo 5 for my patrol rifle, but have to wonder about the motion detection activation thing. in a cruiser driving around, speed bumps, turning, hard breaking quick accelerating, pot holes.... this seems to mean the dot will be on all the time, or does it take some exaggerated movement to activate it? anyone have one that can elaborate?

Picking it up, bumping it, will turn it on ... but, with a long run time I would worry about it. Love that always on feature.

I have one. Ive tried to pick it up without it turning on.....cant hardly move slow enough. Any and i mean ANY movement and its coming on.

So, yes...it going to be on, as long as the car is moving.

There are a lot of hours that the rifle is not being driven around. In those times the auto-off feature is nice

For home use I just kept mine on all the time. It isn't that hard to turn off and on when needed which I think I might do for the type of use you're describing. On the other hand they claim the battery is good for 40,000 hours. That is 4 1/2 years. It might not hurt to just leave it on and replace batteries once every couple of months just to be safe.

Back