Most favorite hunting trip....

Rojoe67

I know it's tough to pick one so tell us your most favorite 2 hunts.

1. Labrador, Canada - Caribou and Black Bear (bow and firearm)

2. Michigan - Whitetail bowhunts.........

Kanas quail hunts with my dad back in the early 60's.

Duck hunts with my bro's in the flooded timber in SE iowa area.

12-34hom.

Just about every hunt with my Dad the last 15 years.

Funniest was one morning on a hunt at a state park that was commissioned for thinning out the population. Spike or doe ONLY. We had been sitting some distance apart, but I got bored, and went to go talk to my dad, whereupon a very nice 8 point came walking along at a good pace. While my father and I cussed our luck that such bucks never seem to some to us when we could shoot them, it came to about 35 yards, and just about stops.

We are at this point speaking in conversational tones, not even trying to lower our voices. I say something like "Oh, for pity's sake, just GO!", and he looks up from where he's been browsing, looks affronted, and slowly wanders off. We never got a shot at a doe or spike the whole hunt.

October northern Michigan, first two weeks:

Whitetails at dawn with bow.
Grouse and woodcock with pointers and shotgun midday.
Whitetails at dusk with bow.

If you do it right, you can even get in a couple of hours fishing for running steelhead...

My turkey hunt with my dad this year
hunting quail with my grandpa about 10 years ago

You notice that most of the trips we list have to do with our family. Seems the more important part is not the animal per se, but the memories with family.

So right about that.......

10-4 on the family and friends - that makes most hunts what they are......

I was lucky to have my best military bud Dean with me in Labrador......
My Michigan hunts are special because my son is with me.......

Very true........the folks we spend the time with while hunting and/or resting back at camp makes it what it is........ Awesome :D

My first dove hunt with my dad and my son's first dove hunt with me.

I had a memorable chukar hunt once. We found the birds(about 60 of them) inside the city limits of this little mining town. We had to herd the birds out past the town limits which were marked by white posts. When they hit those posts, there were birds, bird shot and empty shotgun shells everywhere...

Back