Most accurate semi?

I'm gonna have to go with the Walther GSP.
But that's a specialized pistol for bullseye/speed shooting.
Wish I had the cash to pick one up.

I would tend to think that the most accurate semi would be the one you are shooting at any given time.

If you want a 38special (lead wadcutter only) that is accurate and a semi, look at the uhhhh SW Model 52, those are good target pistols.

Most accurate? Depends on caliber,distance, price and practicality. I would vote for the SIG 210 9mm. That said, I would never pay the outragous price they want for one of these pistols.

Caliban, why did I know you were going to bring up the GSP?

Anyway, any of the premium ISSF standard pistols such as the Walther GSP, Hammerli 208 or SP20, Unique DES96U, Pardini SP, Britarms MkIII, etc, are going to be so close in bench accuracy that it would require a scanning electron microscope to tell them apart.

For more combat-oriented guns, the Heckler & Koch P7, SIG P210, and any number of custom bullseye 1911s are duking it out over that title.

Later,
Chris

"Most accurate semi" title would probably go to one of the premium .22 target pistols with fixed barrels. Most are European in origin, but the S&W M41 should be a contender.

In centerfire calibers, the SIG 210 - if you can find good 9mm ammo - has the potential to be superb. For less money, you can get a Les Baer .45 guaranteed to shoot 1.5" at 50 yards with select ammo. The old Automag pistols had a reputation for being superbly accurate . . . when they weren't broken.

Back