Most accurate 9 mm?

Angus

For the purpose of target shooting only, what is the most highly recommended 9 mm? Glock 17C? Browning Capitan? SIG 226?

SIG P210-4 or -6. I have seen a sandbag rested P210-4 print a five round 100 Meter group of less than four and a half centimeters (less than two inches) center-to-center. (I don't remember what the group measured, just that it was less than 4.5cm.)

H&K P9s competition. These guns were phenomenal. Fixed barrels and perfect triggers (adj). This gun is as good as it gets. The 210 is interesting--but it can't beat the P9s Competition.

Behind the Sig P210, would be the following:

1. (Tie) Browning High-Power & Sig Sauer P226
2. (Tie) Beretta 92/92FS & Sig-Sauer P228
3. Glock 17/19
4. Any Ruger

Any of the above mentioned are ONLY as accurate
as the person using them. With that said, all of them
are Combat Accurate!!!:eek::rolleyes::D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I can only speak from my experence. Here is my list in decreasing order of accuracy.
1) Ruger P95 The most accurate pistol I own (really!!!!! :p )

2) Glock 26

3) Glock 19

P-210.

My P-210-6, which I bought new two years ago (but which was made in 1978), came with a proof target showing a 1.25" group at 55 meters. (And if it weren't for a "flyer", the group would've been about .75".)

The only other gun that will come close is, I think, the new S&W Model 952 -- or one of the Olympic Target versions of the P-210.

Any of you guys ever shoot a Walther P5? Ever see it's barrel guide rails? If you had, you'd understand why it is sucha tack driver.

Walther P5.

CMOS

My personal shooting experience with the caliber is limited to the following nines--Browning High Power, Ruger P Series, Walther P88, Walther P99, Astra, Glock, Sig P239, Smith & Wesson, and CZ.

Without doubt, I make the tightest groups with the good old CZ75B shooting Sellier & Belloit FMJ ammo.

Go figure.

I can shoot wings off a gnat with the CZ-75. Its kind of a cross between the Sig 210 and the BHP (in design at least).

Odd,

... I was going to say "An 8-inch Ruger Blackhawk with a well-fitted 9mm cylinder", but this thread got moved to the semiauto forum... ;)

I can shoot wings off a gnat with the CZ-75. Its kind of a cross between the Sig 210 and the BHP (in design at least).

I have a CZ-85 Combat, a SIG P-210, and a BHP. All three are excellent guns, but the P-210 will outshoot them all, by a pretty good margin at distances over 50'. Closer than that, there's not much difference.

I use the CZ-85 Combat for IDPA. I've shot the P-210 in IDPA, but because of the European style mag release, its hard to exchange mags quickly. I've an older Browning,and the mags don't drop free.

In my experience, the only other gun that comes close is the S&W Model 52 and, maybe, the new 9mm S&W Model 952. (I have the first and have shot the second.)

I have no experience with the H&K P7, but it's considered pretty accurate, too.

Just from personal experience (not much)I'd have to say my HK P7M8...next, quite a bit further down is the HiPower.

I just got the P7....it's scary accurate.

Back