Most accurate 40 caliber pistol youve shot ??

vyper005

I guess mine would have been my old Sig 229...I traded it for a Glock if I can remember...I just found another 229 in 357sig complete with the extra 40 barrel...I pick it up in about 2 weeks....Damn I cant wait...:)

My one and only .40, G27, a 2" ragged hole at 10 yards, about a 4" spread from 25 yards for 30 rounds, excluding a few wiched flyers.

Seems like myself and the CITADELGRAD87 have something in common; and that is our G-27's have proven to be the most
accurate .40 caliber's, that we have tried.:D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Sig 226. A little heavier and a longer sight radius than the 229 which gives better control and more aacuracy. This is a full size pistol used by military and law enforcement. Great in .40 or .357 (as well as 9mm). If you buy the .40/357 version you can get barrels for either .40, .357, or 9mm!

Glock 22

I haven't shot it on paper yet, just some informal pop can shootin'. But I was able to hit a Mt. Dew can off hand at 30+yrds. Good enough for me. I've also had two different Glock 27s in the past that both were extremly accurate.

The one and only .40 *&* pistol I have ever owned...Glock 23. Shoots great and for me, the recoil is mild.

I think my G23 is accurate but my cousin has one of the original S&W model 4006 and when I shoot this particualr gun I tend to get a single ragged hole.
It's funnly because I really don't like the gun.. the bore axis is too high, it doesn't point naturally and the ergonomics just don't work for me.. But the darned thing is accurate!

Mark / FL

Was always G35 but my new Kimber in .40 may have the edge now. I'll have to put a few thousand more rounds through her, just to make sure. :D

Back