most accurat S&W revolver

arnie

Say you want to shoot a 10 shot group for accuracy at 21 feet. Which would you choose, a model 25 in .45 ACP, a model 25 in .45 long Colt, or a (I for get the model #) .44 special ? All are blued guns with 6" barrels and ammo they like.

Tough choice, but I would choose the S&W 1955 model 25 Target.
In the right hands, it should produce real good group's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Nuf variation between guns of a given Model and batch that it would be a coin flip.

At that range.....With a good shooter, hole should be hardly more than one caliber in size......or sumpin's wrong with the gun or the ammo.

Sam

I'll take option D), other.

I'd want a Model 15/K-38 Target Masterpiece.

If I HAD to pick one of the ones listed, it would be the Model 25.

The .44 Special is the Model 24.

We gonna measure the groups center to center....
Or old style, outside to outside ?

Center to center.....coin flip.

Outside.....K-22 :D

Sam

M 1955, 6 1/2" barrel. I have each of the revolvers you mention. From what I've seen your chances of getting a truly fine M1955 or M25 chambered in 45 APC/45 AR are very good. And, as usual, Sam is right. Mine does make one hole @ 7 yards.

Bob

I have to agree with Mr. Irwin.

Smith 15. At 7 yards, it was a one-hole gun, either hand. The only modification was, I used M19 grips.

A M19 with a grand worth of work (in 1981), would not do better at that distance. In fact, nothing would do better.

I have a 625-2 but have yet to try match ammo in it. So my best combo to date is my 686 PP with CCI Blazer - yup that cheap stuff. Can't duplicate the results yet with reloads but it's a shooter.:)

Back