Mossy 9200 Opinions

Mordwyn.45

After a few years of pistol and rifle shooting I have decided that I would like to give skeet and trap a try. My dad used to spend quite a bit of time duck and phesant hunting back home in NY where I grew up and I think I might also want to try my hand at birding as well.

I've been taking a good look at the Mossburg Model 9200 in 12 ga, The $$ are within my ballpark and I like the flexability that Mossburgs have with their interchangeable barrels both smooth tube and rifled.

If any of you have more practicle hands on exerience with this model autoloader I'd like to hear what you have to say.
How is the reliability and or accuracy? any known problems or limitations that you've come across? Any information at all would help.

Thanks

Rob

------------------
"TANSTAAFL"- R.A. Heinlen

"Molon Labe"- Leonidas to Xerxes at Thermopile

Great shotgun for the money. Very reliable and fairly accurate. I have one I use for turkey hunting so it has the complete camo finish. It mounts easy (for me) and is a managable to shoot even with 3" magnums and an extra full turkey choke.

I wish it was a little more accurate. Mine, was dead on for windage, but shot 8" low at only 10 yards. How do I know this? That's where most of the shot was and where the hole the "wad" made was. It maintained that pattern out to 40 yards. Don't know why it didn't increase but it didn't. (Drop distance that is). But, if you want a dependable shotgun, that will easily handle both light target/skeet loads and full house turkey loads, you can't beat this gun for the money.

------------------
"Charlton Heston is my President"

Danny45
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

Back