Mossburg MVP ?

rebs

Does anyone have a Mossburg MVP in 223 cal ? Tell me about it how you like it, accuracy etc.. The good and the bad ?

Don't have one. I was interested in the model that uses the AR mags but just didn't want to buy another BA rifle. IIRC the action is a take off of the old "Raptor" design(maybe that's the Marlin) but the barrels were/are Bergara or Green Mountain(not sure about this either). If so, the package should be accurate enough for the intended purpose-medium range varmints.

Does anyone have a Mossburg MVP in 223 cal ? Tell me about it how you like it, accuracy etc.. The good and the bad ?
The only one I ever touched the action was so rough I just put it back down and never thought about it again. I've heard a few people say they like them on gun forums, however. It is a neat concept, at least.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ive had 2 in 308win. The one i have now is the one with the MDT chassis. I like it.

Is it the smothest action ive ever felt?...NO. Does it work and work well?...YES

3/4 MOA is not hard to achieve and it makes a great suppressor host. For the price its hard to beat. The Ruger Precision Rifle is a better gun, but it 2/2.5X the cost.

I have one in .223. It wasnt one of my better ideas. While it is "accurate enough", its not what Id call accurate.

The bolt is hitchy, and not at all smooth. Sometimes it wont feed the round propelry, and you often have to pull back a little on the blt and ease it closed. A Remington or Savage it aint.

I too was drawn to the gun using AR mags, but that too has its limiting factors. The main issue there is, it limits you to rounds that will fit in the mag. If youre wanting to use longer bullets with a longer OAL, youre basically screwed.

Another thing that drew me to it, was the threaded barrel so I could use my suppressor with it. Downside there is, after a couple of rounds, the heat coming off the can makes it about impossible to use the scope, as the mirage coming off the can, makes its difficult, and sometimes near impossible to see. Dont seem to have that issue with my AR's.

The MVPs have problems.
Accuracy is one, but the more important issue is the reliability of the magazine assembly. There are a number of user reports on feeding problems ... depending on what type of AR magazine you're using.

Thank for your replies, I appreciate it. I'll take it off my want list.
What about the Rugar American rifle in 223 or the Savage 11 ?

Back