Mossburg 500a Disassembly

TGS

I really need to do a total disassembly of my 12ga, Could anyone point me in the direction for Dis and reassy of the Mossburg 500. I dont think I would have any trouble getting it apart but then there's that part Im sure just wont go back in right and dont need the head ache. I could get the instruction from Mossburg but I'd like to get in done in the next few days.
Does the bolt slide out thru the front of the reciever after the barrels off (got that far). Im sure I need to drift out the pin for the trigger assy but no doubt theres probably a few subtle little things in between that thicken the plot.
Sure could use some step (1), (2) etc. sort of info.
Appreciate it ya'll
Tom

TGS:

On the way wait:

I am sending the assem/disassem by separate email.

Compliments

Harley Nolden's Institute of Firearms Research, located on this forum.

HJN

Harley,

Do your instructions include the need for three hands? Getting both of the magazine control levers and the bolt back in can be frustrating (Browning BPS is even worse). It can be done with two hands (and a dab of grease).

sw627:

The third hand, if needed, could be the bench, a vice or other stable object. The instructions come w/photos and text describing the proper methods. If you'd like a copy for the Mossy I can send them to you.

HJN

No thanks Harley, I sold my Mossy and kept the BPS. I've done it, but the first time putting it back together is a bit of a trick. Not really that hard once you figure it out, but without any instructions it does get frustrating.

Harley
I recieved the instruction and got me the info I was looking for. Really what I found the trickiest was sliding the trigger group back in. the shell holder on the right side gives a little interferance and takes a little fiddling but really doesnt pose any problem. Sure appreciate your attachments.
thanks again
Tom

Back