MOSSBERG TRIGGER GROUP PROBLEM HELP!

762x39mm

Inactive
Ok I took my trigger group apart on my Mossberg M590A1 and after I put it back together and put it back in my gun I test dry fired it and I noticed that after I pulled the trigger I could not pump the shotgun without pushing the action lock lever what did I do wrong?The only thing I can possibly think I installed wrong is the action lock hammer spring does part of that spring rest on the hammer?Or on the trigger housing?

Or if you know a web site or forum that can help please give me the address.Thank you.

The slide latch spring has to be installed on the left side of the slide latch so that (looking from rear to front) the short leg is on top and hooked pointing to the right and the long leg is on top and hooked pointing left. That's not a very good explanation (I've got to get my scanner working). You can go to http://www.mossberg.com/ and maybe get detailed instructions. George

Thank you very much George and that explanation would have hepled if I hadent of sat up last night and figured it out.The action lock hammer spring just was being stuburn which led me to believe that I was trying to put it in wrong but its all good and working now.I must thank you again because most people who claimed to know things about mossbergs on other web sites just said "what".Im glad to know there are people like you out there willing to help.

Back