Mossberg Price Check

I am not sure of the price, but the shotgun sounds SWEET!

------------------
"Any world that I'm welcome to.....Is better than the one I come from"

Thanks tatters....from what I have been told, it is the only shotgun to make mil-spec out of the box. can't wait to pick it up in 10 days (F%$#ing Kali)

If it's the "Marine-Cote" version (silver, not black), then we paid the same for the same thing. Decent deal, good shotgun.

ct....according to my gun shop, who have always been good about prices, etc.. the marine cost is an EXTRA $200 on top of the regular price. Sounds like you got a HELL of a deal...

I'm wondering 'what is it that you like or want the marine cote for'? I don't know much about it and I was under the impression it was for use around salt water. What is the benefit?

curious

FWIW, CDNN Investments is selling Mossberg 590 Mariner shotguns (no ghost rings) for $299.99. You can get a M500 with synthetic furniture, 6 shot tube and ghost rings from them for $229.99.

Not affiliated, etc.

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

I have seen the CDNN ad. I have heard a lot of good things about the 500/590A1, or people think its great because the military chose it.

So anyways, I am looking for my first scattergun for HD. I was thinking either 870 or 500/590. Should I just get the 299 Marine Coat and get the ghost rings?

HI folks,..
my first post here, but have been a regular visitor in your forums for valuable info on firearms. first of, great forums guys...

maxinquaye - the mossbberg you mentioned (590, 8-rd., syn. stock, ghost ring, bayo-lug) is actually the model 590A1, this particular model has a thicker barrel than the ordinary 500/590, i think having the thicker barrel, is why everyone is saying that, this is mil-spec. I've read from another forum (sorry, forgot where) that you can exchange barrels between 500 and 590 models, with the exception of the 590A1, bec. of it's thicker barrel. got mine for $429, so you got a great deal there, the less than $300 ones are the 500's and 590's, which has a thin barrel.

sorry about my long reply,.. hope this helps.

keep it in the X-ring, and safe shootin'
....jhunnetaz

Well, am looking at a 590 here in San Antonio...black, poly-stocked, 8shot, bayolug...no ghost rings tho...right at $400.

Auction Arms also has a couple ofr about $350...after FFL and shipping, guess what? You pay the 4400 but have to wait for it to be shipped.

Just took mine out to the range Saterday for the first time - I love it! I am really impressed with the fit - finish, the thing fired and shot like a dream, no hitches at all. Holding it just "feels" like quality. If I had paid $450-475 I think I would still be happy. Very satesfied with my surchase, doubly so since I now know I got a good deal!

Thanks TFL'rs!

Back